Utah Tobacco Cessation Resource Directory- Internet Resources
The Internet offers numerous tobacco cessation resources to assist you in quitting. It is important that you consider the source of the information you get from the Internet. Unfortunately, not all Internet sites are excellent sources of information. In fact some may be of poor quality or provide inaccurate information. Whenever you are uncertain about information you obtain from the Internet, check it out with a health care provider, health educator, counselor or other appropriate professional.
Listing of Internet sources is provided as a public service by the Tobacco Prevention and Control Program, Utah Department of Health. Please read our disclaimer before using any information from the Internet.
Utah Tobacco Prevention and Control Program
- Overview of tobacco prevention and control in Utah
- Utah statistics and laws
- Quit Programs and tips
- Personalized information with peer and expert support.
- Tracks each person’s progress and makes suggestions
- Option of receiving daily "Quit Tips" from the QuitNet via email.
- Methods of quitting
- Replacement therapies
- Smoking triggers
- Relapse & coping strategies
American Cancer Society
- Guide to quitting smoking
- Fact sheets on quitting
- Tobacco control advocacy
- Smoking and teens
- Fact sheets on various topics such as quitting
- Fellowship organization for those wanting to quit using nicotine
American Lung Association
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention